Eligibility Requirements for the ISBT Emeritus Scholar Applicant
- The applicant must be a current ISBT member or part of a current member's immediate family.
- If the applicant is an ISBT member (other than a student member), they must have worked a minimum of two years in the beverage industry and been a member of ISBT in good standing during that time before submitting a scholarship award application for themselves or a family member. For student members, see #4 below.
- The applicant should exhibit a strong desire to continue to work in the beverage industry.
- The applicant must be a graduating high school senior (Class of 2021) accepted into a university and planning to pursue a degree in a beverage related field or a currently enrolled university student pursuing a degree in a beverage related field.
- Recommendations from the student's declared major department and the latest transcripts should be submitted with the application.
- A summary of internships applicable to the beverage industry along with letters of recommendation from previous employers would be recommended.
The application process is closed for 2022. Please check back in June 2023 for the 2023 application.
The ISBT does not discriminate in the award of this scholarship. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, physical disability, marital or veteran status, or any legally protected status. The Emeritus Scholarship will be for $2,500.
Emeritus Scholarship Timeline
September 15 — Deadline for ISBT Emeritus Scholarship application and all supporting documentation to be received
October 15 — Decisions made by Scholarship Committee and reviewed by the Board of Directors for Emeritus Scholarship
October 30 — Checks completed and administered to scholarship recipient(s) or their school