Eligibility Requirements for the ISBT Emeritus Scholar Applicant
- The applicant must be a current ISBT member or part of a current member's immediate family.
- If the applicant is an ISBT member (other than a student member), they must have worked a minimum of two years in the beverage industry and been a member of ISBT in good standing during that time before submitting a scholarship award application for themselves or a family member. For student members, see #4 below.
- The applicant should exhibit a strong desire to continue to work in the beverage industry.
- The applicant must be a graduating high school senior (Class of 2021) accepted into a university and planning to pursue a degree in a beverage related field or a currently enrolled university student pursuing a degree in a beverage related field.
- Recommendations from the student's declared major department and the latest transcripts should be submitted with the application.
- A summary of internships applicable to the beverage industry along with letters of recommendation from previous employers would be recommended.
- Please log in and come back to this page for the application link.
- The application must be received by ISBT no later than September 15 for consideration. The recipient, if chosen, will be notified by October 15. It is possible that additional information might be requested from the applicant.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected by a scholarship committee appointed by the ISBT's Vice President of Technical Content.
Applicants must submit the following:
- A completed ISBT Emeritus Scholarship Award application.
- Latest transcript(s) from the applicant's high school (if applicant is a graduating senior) or academic institution.
- Three Letters of Recommendation from the following list.
- Letter(s) of recommendation from a personal contact.
- Letter(s) of recommendation from high school teachers / administrators (only applicable to graduating seniors)
- Letter of recommendation from the Chair of the applicant's department major if already enrolled in college / university
- Letter(s) of recommendation from internships or current employers in the beverage industry
Supporting documentation should be emailed to
by September 15. Please be sure that all documentation is clearly identified with your name, especially if it is not being sent directly by you (i.e., a letter of reference coming directly from the recommendation writer, a transcript coming from the school, etc.).
The ISBT does not discriminate in the award of this scholarship. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, physical disability, marital or veteran status, or any legally protected status. The Emeritus Scholarship will be for $2,500. Once the recipient has been identified, they can continue to receive an annual scholarship disbursement until graduation as long as they maintain the requirements set by the Scholarship Committee until the lesser of four years or the completion of the degree program under which they make their initial application.
Emeritus Scholarship Timeline
September 15 — Deadline for ISBT Emeritus Scholarship application and all supporting documentation to be received
October 15 — Decisions made by Scholarship Committee and reviewed by the Board of Directors for Emeritus Scholarship
October 30 — Checks completed and administered to scholarship recipient(s) or their school